On or near 10/31/01 8:35 AM, ::. jay.west at [EMAIL PROTECTED] observed:

> Does anyone know if email archiving will be any easier from the forthcoming
> Entourage X? I'm just wondering if I should archive today using one of the
> existing Entourage to FileMaker archivers or wait a month or two for the new
> Entourage X and archive then?

eMessage Archiver, by John Carlsen, works with Entourage 2001 and with
Entourage X. John was among the beta testers for Entourage, to our good
fortune. It also works with FMP 3, 4, 5.0 and 5.5! So, if you are running
FMP in Classic and Entourage under OS X, that will work.

In case anyone missed it, John now has available a copy of eMessage Archiver
that INCLUDES FILEMAKER PRO as a runtime module. That is, you can use his
FMP archive database, but you cannot make any changes or create other FMP
databases. YOU NO LONGER NEED TO OWN FILEMAKER TO USE EMESSAGE ARCHIVER. The
runtime is of FMP 5.0, so it will run in Classic under OS X, but that is a
minor shortcoming, surely, to have access to such a superb mail archiving
package.

Go to <http://homepage.mac.com/ThinkAgain/Mac/eMA/> to download. And be sure
to pay the shareware fee!
--
Add me to Palm/Visor: http://signature.coola.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Allen Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> XNS name: =Allen Watson