It's not uncommon for me to receive email in html format in which I cannot
select text to copy to the clipboard. The text highlights as I drag the
cursor over it, but the selection highlight disappears as soon as I release
the mouse button or equivalent. This isn't a picture masquerading as text;
characters highlight one at a time if I drag the cursor slowly, or a line at
a time if I do so vertically; i.e., it's "real" text. I just cannot copy it.

Sometimes this is maddening, because it may be a serial number in
communications with a vendor, or a complicated URL.

I haven't tried looking at the same messages using Apple's Mail. I'm just
wondering how others experience this and how they deal with it if so.

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson