Thanks, everyone. As a last step before trying anything fancier, I rebooted and took the PB through an Applejack cleanup--permissions fix, cache cleaning, etc. That did the trick. I realize in retrospect that it should have been one of the first things to do, but all's well that ends well.

On Mar 13, 2009, at 10:40 PM, George wrote:

Hello, List -- On 03/14/09 4:39 AM (local time), Nestor (<nesto...@mac.com >) wrote:

> What's the key sequence for launching Entourage into that mode? I've
> forgotten.

Quit Entourage, restart Entourage while holding down the Option key --
in the window that appears, select "rebuild database".