Hi,

This a headsup that there is a ghc refresh update for EPEL 5 now in testing:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2013-12484/ghc-7.0.4-45.3.el5,cabal-install-0.10.2-6.1.el5

This updates ghc from 6.12.3 to a bit more recent stable release,
which is also the currently the version in EPEL6.

Later I am thinking to refresh EPEL6 to ghc-7.4.2.
(Current F20 has 7.6.3.)

If we had scl for EPEL it would be good to ship
multiple ghc versions over the EPEL lifetime,
since building newer packages with the older
ghc versions is often problematic.
Eg the latest pandoc releases needs ghc-7.4 to build.
But some people might still want to stay with
the older version for their projects.

Do test if you are interested or using EPEL5 ghc.

Thanks, Jens