On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 09:11:17 AM Dan Callaghan wrote:
> Excerpts from Bryan Chan's message of 2015-06-24 08:29 +10:00:
> > Dan Horák <d...@danny.cz> wrote on 2015-06-23 02:31:23 PM:

> > > Ack, that's something for IBM, from Red Hat side it would require
> > > providing RHEL for System z subscriptions to such devel systems.
> > > Currently we have one public guest running Fedora available to the
> > > community, so it should be solvable. In addition to real HW there are 2
> > > solutions capable running current Linux distributions under emulation.
> >
> > Dan, could you elaborate on the emulation aspect? Do you mean IBM zPDT
> > and Hercules? I am curious if you are using emulation in the build farm
> > today.
> >
> > IBM is currently engaging open-source software companies to encourage
> > support for the platform. IBM partners can essentially get access to
> > hardware for development purposes at a discount.
> >
> > For the community, we have a program called Community Development
> > System for Linux on z, whereby open source projects can sign up for
> > free access to Linux guests on our z Systems (for a limited time):
> >
> > http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/linux/support/community.html
> >
> > During registration, you can request a RHEL installation. I am not
> > sure whether it comes with a RHN subscription.
> >
> > Other community hardware access options are now being considered, and
> > I hope something more streamlined can be announced soon.
>
> One possibility is to make some z/VM guests available to approved Fedora
> contributors using beaker.fedoraproject.org, the same way that Red Hat
> engineers can use our internal Beaker instance to reserve z/VM guests.
>
> I would love to see the arches that people don't have at home, like
> ppc64 and aarch64, on beaker.fedoraproject.org too.
>
> The only big unresolved issue with beaker.fedoraproject.org right now is
> how to hook up FAS authentication. I haven't had a chance to figure that
> out yet.

A bigger issue would be having a z series machine that can be tied into
fedora's beaker instance. Considering that there is none in Fedora space
today. I do not imagine IT or Red Hat Security allowing some tunnel into the
systems inside of  Red Hat. Assuming we can find hardware then sure would be
great.

Dennis