Excerpts from John Dulaney's message of 2015-11-19 17:11 -05:00:
> Since Fedora is now requiring python2 packages have a buildrequires
> of python2-setuptools, I put together a quick metapackage(0)(1) that in turn
> requires python-setuptools.  This will make packaging for Fedora and
> epel to be somewhat easier.
>
> What are your thoughts on this, and should we include this in epel?
>
> As an alternative, it may not be a bad idea to have one large metapackage
> that builds sub-metapackages for the various similar situations.  Thoughts
> on this?

Would it be easier to request the RHEL packages to add a virtual
Provides for the python2-* name? That is, python-setuptools in RHEL
could provide python2-setuptools.

--
Dan Callaghan <dcall...@redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer, Products & Technologies Operations