Hi,
current situation:
EPEL6 - MongoDB 2.4.x
EPEL7 - MongoDB 2.6.x

Upstream supports only upgrade to next major version. So from 2.4 it is
supported only to 2.6.
Therefore I kept MongoDB 2.6 in EPEL7 (even two next major versions are
released).

But MongoDB 2.6 is going to EOL (probably this week), so MongoDB in EPEL7 will
be unsupported.

How to solve this - what EPEL/Fedora guidelines says about upgrades? Upgrade
EPEL6 to EPEL7? Or keep unsupported version in EPEL7?

I've post same question to de...@lists.fp.o [1] - there I was noticed that
epel-devel would be better.

Upstream says that there might be some minor incompatibilities between major
releases and it suggests users to check and fix these incompatibilities before
upgrade. So these upgrade might break some users instances.

I like answer of Peter Robinson [2] - upgrade to next major version. Left some
time for users to upgrade to this new version and after that prepare major
upgrade again.
Does this comply to guidelines? (If I send some announcement to this listbefore)

Thanks,
Marek

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/de...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/4LX7UAETNOAACF6AEU5DNQDRX3B3TFLU/