"What I am saying is that EPEL is made up of volunteers. If you are
volunteering to do this work then great. If you are expecting that
someone else is going to do this work for you.. then not so great."

Oh, absolutely. I'm not under the slightest illusion that anybody owes me
maintenance of an EPEL package. You can understand my desire to find out if
somebody might be doing it. But I'm perfectly OK with the response that they
probably won't.

It's starting to look like the official MongoDB repositories might make a whole
lot more sense for the average admin currently using EPEL MongoDB packages:

https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.0/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-red-hat/

If I find out they aren't doing such a hot job with these, then the picture
might change.