On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Boaz Ackerman <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are trying to figure out what happened to the xmlsec-devel package for
> RHEL.
>
> I was told by list owner (which was super helpful!) that:
>
> It seems it's now included in RHEL 7.4 (and upcoming centos 7.4):
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/xmlsec1/c/c43df4c1915e1003a9197737cdb8bbd1a7e844d9?branch=epel7
>
> The question is - what do I do with my customers that require me to work on
> require RHEL 7.2 or 7.3?

EPEL doesn't have the resources to be able to maintain every branch
for various LTS releases of RHEL. This is the same as CentOS. This is
especially the case with el7 where there's more active rebasing of
libraries and various other bits of the distribution than previously.
I've known some EPEL consumers to snapshot a copy of a reposynced repo
at the time of a new el7 release to assist with the process of having
a working EPEL for each of LTS RHEL releases they consume.

Peter