I am running CentOS 7.4 with the Mate desktop - from epel.  After the upgrade to 7.4 I discovered an anomaly in System Monitor 1.16.0. Either that or someone unbeknownst to me added in excess of 500 exabytes of RAM to my system :-)

The issue involve the "Memory" column on the Processes tab. Most processes are showing memory usage in the millions to tens of millions of TiB. That is the unit displayed. Obviously this is not true. The optional Virtual Memory and Resident Memory columns have reasonable numbers. Only the "Memory" column is effected.

System Monitor 1.12.2 on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and System Monitor 1.18.0 on Fedora-MATE_Compiz-Live-x86_64-26-1.5 display the data in this column correctly.

My build recipe is as follows:

1 - Install CentOS 7.x minimal installation (CLI) and update

2 - Install yum-priorities and epel repo. Set CentOS repos to priority 1 and epel to 10.

3 - Groupinstall "X window" system mate-desktop-environment

4 - systemctl set-default graphical.target

I am not sure if this issue falls to the epel team. However, System Manager works correctly in Ubuntu 16.04 and Fedora 26. It DID work fine in CentOS before the 7.4 upgrade. The package I have installed is mate-system-monitor from epel.

Please feel to ask if I can provide any addition information or do any testing etc. to help resolve this.

Thanks

Ken Taylor