I am very afraid I am jumping into a lion's den here... However, I am going to
try to alleviate some concerns.

Our move from EPEL to Extras was actually to solve for the needs of RHEL and
the RHEL System Roles.  We needed to be in a channel that customers could
consume from that wasn't EPEL.

Upon our move to Extras, we immediately identified a problem.  That problem
was, we Ansible, were not able to release as often as we preferred/needed for
our customers.  We also were facing confusion about what did support mean once
a package was inside of Extras.

As such, we made the decision to two things.

1. Deprecate Ansible from Extras.
2. Provide access to Ansible via a Red Hat trusted delivery mechanism.

For #2, EPEL obviously is not the route to take for some customers.  So, we
decided that all RHEL customers would have full access to the Subscription
channel.  We also specified that if a customer wanted support, they would still
need to purchase a subscription.

We had a very delicate situation here.  There were a lot of check and balances
that had to be met before we could make any announcement. So that's why it has
been "a little quiet."

The security advisory link posted above, and this link
<https://access.redhat.com/articles/3359651> attempt to cover the bulk of the
possible questions that may arise.

That being said, we still aim to provide our customers/users the ability to
obtain Ansible any way they choose.  So if the user does not want to use the
channel or cannot use it for any reason, they still have the ability to pull
from EPEL or our releases.ansible.com pages. As far as we're concerned, it is
functionally the same application no matter where it comes from.. If a customer
has a subscription; they will be supported.

I, the Product Manager of Ansible Engine, am staying on top of these concerns
as they come by.  So far, no huge customer/user concerns have caused any alarm.
 Most users have embraced the moves, and have continued to automate.