On 11. 03. 19 15:54, Troy Dawson wrote:
On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 8:16 PM Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:

On 3/9/19 7:15 PM, Troy Dawson wrote:
Hello,
There are a few questions I have, and since I'm not positive who all
of the correct people ask are, I'm sending to the epel-devel list.

Before I start the questions, thank you to everyone who helped out in
getting the build failures working.  Thank you. thank you. thank you.

We have all the python packages rebuilt.  All of the packages needed
for the rebuilds are tagged into override, and thus in the buildroot.
None of these rebuilt packages have been put into updates, and thus
are not in -testing.

Where do we go from here?
A) Do I do one big update for all of the rebuilt packages?

Yes.

B) Do I do individual updates for each package?
C) Some combination of above?

Bad idea, as then some dependent packages could go out stable without
all the packages they need.

D) Do a side tag, and take out all the overrides?

Nope... side tag won't push them out, unless we just merge them into the
main tag, but then they are bypassing testing.

I personally think C.  Do the main components (rpm macros, python34
and python36) in one update.  All the rest get their individual
update.

All the other ones are going to need at least python36, so no, they
should all be in one big update. Otherwise some of them could go stable
and not have the python36 yet.

How long do we expect to be in this testing stage?

I'd say at least 2 weeks?

If packagers want to update their python package for whatever reason,
what should they do?

Build as usual, but ask someone to edit the update and remove the
previous one and add in the new one.

Thanks for building and coordinating everything!

kevin

Thanks for the feedback.  You too Miro.
After reading both of your reasons for doing A), I agree with you both.
Unless anyone objects, we'll plan to do option A

Here is my build to include: python-distlib-0.2.7-3.el7

Thanks,
--
Miro Hrončok