On Thu, May 30, 2019, at 6:57 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> > This will be very helpful, especially if the epel-release .repo file honors
> > the $releasever variable.
>

> Can you explain what behavior you see here? I can't really parse from
> your reply what you think/expect to have happen here, and I'd like to
> make sure we address it properly.

The use case is preventing updates past a minor version without explicit
administrator action. We're able to do this by forcing the $releasever yum
variable to be 7.50 (for RHEL) or 7.5.1804 (for CentOS). It would be convenient
to keep this approach working by using the yum var in the repo file, with
requisite symlinks in place on the mirrors. The repo file as is today would
likely work for this purpose (but I don't have it in front of me to verify.)

V/r,
James Cassell