On 6/5/20 2:21 AM, Menanteau wrote:
Hi there,

is there a plan to update Mate in EPEL ?

There was a demand to update to Mate 1.8 years ago but I didn't see any answer.  Mate 1.24 is currently available.

Thanks

I run Mate on both CentOS 7 and CentOS 8.

For CentOS 7, I run Mate 1.20 using RPMs I built myself that are in turn derived from the sources in Fedora.  I've posted previously about this build and how others could use it if they want [1].

For CentOS 8, I run Mate 1.22 using the stenstorp copr repo [2].

Both builds of Mate have worked flawlessly.  I'd love to see the EPEL build of Mate upgraded for CentOS 7, and introduced for CentOS 8.  I'm a Fedora packager and have considered assisting with this, but I believe the Fedora maintainer is not interested in EPEL builds of this, and I don't have experience with managing larger groups of packages like Mate.

-Greg

[1] https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2019-October/173799.html
[2]  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/stenstorp/MATE/