Hi folks,

The RHEL 9 composes do not have libev-devel and libuv-devel, so we
cannot build python-gevent on EPEL 9 easily.

(It's possible to package the missing -devel packages separately, and
I've been doing this by automatically following the NVR changes in
Stream 9's Koji for several weeks with scripts at
https://github.com/ktdreyer/ceph-el9. My conclusion is that it is so
painful that it's not sustainable to do this for years.)

This means that python-pytest-cov and python-pytest-xdist won't be
available on epel9, since those require gevent.

Several Python packages require python-pytest-cov because upstream
lists it in requirements.txt or tests-requirements.txt. I think we
should just patch these out in Fedora. Even apart from RHEL's
restrictions, it's not a good use of resources to run pytest-cov when
no one reviews coverage reports in the Koji logs, and we'll speed up
builds when mock doesn't have to install this spurious BuildRequires.

Here are a list of packages where I've removed pytest-cov:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-watchdog/pull-request/4
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-cheroot/pull-request/15
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-portend/pull-request/5
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-typing-extensions/pull-request/3