On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 4:36 AM Igor Raits
<ignatenkobr...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Seems rust-srpm-macros and rust-packaging are in the RHEL9 which means it is
> not possible to get them in EPEL9. That also means, they are already outdated
> and do not support our latest greatest consistent packaging across Fedora
> versions… Right now, I suppose it is still possible to get that stuff updated
> in the Stream9, but later on it will be harder and harder I suppose.
>
> So what should one do if they want up2date stuff through the whole EPEL9
> lifetime?

The macros and tools that power the rust packaging stuff (aside from
rust-srpm-macros) are not shipped in CentOS/RHEL 9, so we can ship it
in EPEL 9 if we want.

rust-srpm-macros has macros that haven't changed much in years, so I
don't think that'll be an issue.