On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 8:13 AM Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:57, Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I mirrored the source rpms down and did the following for 8 and 9-stream.
>> ```
>> $ for i in AppStream BaseOS PowerTools; do echo $i; find ./$i -type f
>> -name "*src.rpm" | xargs rpm --nosignature --qf='%{NAME}\n' -qp >
>> /tmp/a-$i; sort -o /tmp/a-$i -u /tmp/a-$i; done
>> $ sort -o /tmp/a -u /tmp/a-* ; sort -o /tmp/b -u /tmp/b-*
>> $ wc -l /tmp/a* /tmp/b*
>>   2652 /tmp/a
>>   1740 /tmp/a-AppStream
>>    536 /tmp/a-BaseOS
>>    503 /tmp/a-PowerTools
>>   2273 /tmp/b
>>   1620 /tmp/b-AppStream
>>    399 /tmp/b-BaseOS
>>    295 /tmp/b-CRB
>> $ comm -1 -2 /tmp/a /tmp/b | wc -l
>> 2090
>> $ comm -1 -3 /tmp/a /tmp/b | wc -l
>> 183
>> $ comm -2 -3 /tmp/a /tmp/b | wc -l
>> 562
>> ```
>> So 183 packages were added to 9 that weren't in 8 and 562 packages were
>> 'removed'. Some of those are obsolete packages like
>>
> python2, python36,python38, gcc-toolset-9, gcc-toolset-10, autoconf213.
>> Others are module things which aren't shipped already.
>>

> The following statement was wrong. Some subset of that 500 may be built
> and could go into CRB, but that would require mirroring the CentOS Stream
> koji which I didn't do.
>

>> That leaves about 500 source packages which aren't even built internally
>> so aren't going into CRB.

I was gathering each of the names of the binary and source packages
directly from the repos for my "Will It Build", so I did a few tweaks and
got these numbers.  I feel they are quite accurate.

CentOS Stream 8:
AppStream: 4553
BaseOS: 1715
CRB: 1614
Total Source RPMS: 2260

CentOS Stream 9:
AppStream: 5225
BaseOS: 1130
CRB: 1370
Total Source RPMS: 2252

So, there is a drop of 250 packages in CRB from RHEL8 to RHEL9.  But beyond
that, things are quite close.

Troy