On 22/07/19 07:00PM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> I propose that we ship the fix and rebuild all affected packages.
I agree. This issue has the potential to result in confusing, hard to
debug issues for packagers (mainly) but also users.

> + new packages that have not yet reached the either EPEL 8 repo
I checked Bodhi and there are no python38-* or python39-* packages in
epel8{,-next} pending or in testing.

> + probably the same query in EPEL 8 next, but I miss a repo file for it ATM
sudo dnf repoquery --repo=epel-next{,-testing} --whatprovides
'python3.8dist(*)' --whatprovides 'python3.9dist(*)' --qf='%{source_name}'
--latest-limit 1
ansible

ansible is in both epel8 and epel8-next, as there's a newer version in
epel8-next to correspond to the newer ansible-core in c8s. To whoever
ends up rebuilding the packages: please let me to handle that package. I
have an update for it in testing that needs to be synced with some
upcoming updates in c8s in order to avoid an FTI, and I don't want the
karma to be reset.

I'm already handling the go rebuild, but I wouldn't mind handling this
one as well.

--
Thanks,

Maxwell G (@gotmax23)