Sebastian Hanowski wrote:
* Thorsten Altenkirch [2005-01-25 18:30]:

I see, you want iterated case analysis automatically.

As Edwin  points out,  that's not  always what  you want.  Maybe there
should be a special gadget, case*, which iterates case analysis.

I'm in favor.  Let's call it 'staircase to earth'.  It takes patterns to
the ground.

As Conor pointed out, my proposal is rather a "staircase to hell", since why should we stop at

        f nil
        f (cons 0 ns)
        f (cons (suc n) ns

we can still analyze ns and n, why shouldn't we? And so on...

What we will be able to do is

        m,n : Nat
let     -----------
        f m n : Nat