For the security stuff I was referring to the security-specific bundles
like login (JAAS integration etc.)

You are right there is a lot of cross-cutting concerns with the other
security related work that will not really fit into any one component.

Tom

             John Arthorne
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .ibm.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Equinox development mailing list
             equinox-dev-bounc         <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/12/2007 11:21          Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox->Bundles
             AM                        component is getting crowded

             Please respond to
                  Equinox
                development
               mailing list
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 pse.org>

Creating a new component for p2 definitely makes sense to me.  I don't know
much about the security work, but that may be difficult to partition into
its own component because it's an inherently cross-cutting concern. If
there end up being a number of security-specific bundles, it may make
sense.

Generally speaking, I think more components is a good thing. It's a great
way to bring in new committers who may not be able to make the large
commitment needed to contribute across a large part of Equinox.

John

 Thomas Watson
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Sent by:                                                               To
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]           equinox-dev@eclipse.org
                                                                        cc

 09/12/2007 11:42 AM                                               Subject
                                           [equinox-dev] Equinox->Bundles
                                           component is getting crowded
         Please respond to
  Equinox development mailing list
     <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

The Equinox project continues to grow with new components and new
contributes being added. Thanks everyone!!

As new contributions are graduated into Equinox proper we need to place
them under one of the existing components. Currently we have the
"Framework" and "Bundles" components for Equinox proper in bugzilla/cvs. A
large majority of the new contributions will fall into the "Bundles"
component. For example, we have a few work areas in the equinox incubator
which are very active (e.g. p2, security etc). Once this work graduates it
will likely to be placed into the generic "Bundles" component. This will
make an already crowded component even more crowded.

Should we consider creating a more diverse set of components for the work
which is graduated into Equinox? I think the p2 and security work will
deserve their own component when they graduate. Thoughts?

Tom

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic01850.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>