In prep for EclipseCon, the ECF team would like to create a demo that discovers p2 artifact and metadata repos. ECF has a discovery API [1], now implemented with both zeroconf/bonjour and SLP providers [2]. We've recently done an example that discovers update sites on lan [3].

So, my main question is: for discovering artifact and metadata repos, what is the necessary meta-meta-data? (data about location/access to repos). Is it simply an URL, or is there more to it? Pointers into p2 code desired...as I need to do that anyway.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF_API_Docs#Discovery_API
[2] http://www.lemmster.de/blog/index.php/2008/02/03/168/