James,
The native code that is showing the early splash screen does not have
support to change the bitmap that is being shown.  This means that you
need to wait until swt is available before it can be refreshed.  With SWT
I believe changing the image is just setting the BackgroundImage on the
shell.  The simplest way of contributing SWT to the splash screen is to
use the workbench org.eclipse.ui.splashHandlers extension point and extend
the EclipseSplashHandler class.

The only problem is that the code that handles the osgi.splashPath and
searches for NL variants (Main.getSplashLocation & Main.searchForSplash)
is not available available outside of Main.  You will probably have to do
that search yourself.

-Andrew

James D Miles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
02/06/2008 11:01 AM
Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

equinox-dev@eclipse.org
cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] [launcher]

By using the -showsplash I can get an early splash screen. However when
not using this mechanism we were able to set osgi.splashPath with a comma
separated list of URLs. We still need the splash selection based on nl
that we got when using osgi.splashPath. How can we get the splashpath bmp
refreshed after early startup? The default behavior seems to be to
continue using the early splash screen.