I don't think we ever decided on this.  The thinking was that since no API
was being declared, we might leave the plug-ins with a number < 1.0 and
then move to 1.0 in the first release that contains real API (likely 3.5).
Typically the initial API of a plug-in appears in version 1.0 of the
plug-in.

Chris Aniszczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/10/2008 07:23 PM
Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] [p2] plug-in versions

I noticed that all of p2 plug-ins are currently 0.10.qualifier...
shouldn't this be 1.0.0.qualifier since these have been graduated and will
be included in the SDK for 3.4?

I ask this as I'm trying to straighten out some plug-in dependency ranges
in PDE.

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer |
http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465