On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Thomas Watson <tjwat...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> The closest thing is the dropins support in p2, but that is not a good
> comparison since felix fileinstall is a small single bundle.  p2 dropins
> support is just a part of the whole p2 "engine" and requires a fair bit of
> the p2 "engine" to function.

Yeah, that's too heavy for my needs.

> I would be curious to know what exceptions you are seeing with
> felix.fileinstall.  Perhaps it indicates an equinox framework bug we should
> fix.  Please open a bug against Equinox->Framework if you think it could
> be.  I would like to make sure the felix.fileinstall works on Equinox.

This the thing. I'm not even sure it's a bug, or simply something in my env
that is causing it.

Here is the logged exception:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle
"file:/home/rotty/apache-tomcat-7.0.23-trunk/repositories/osgi/data/framework/lib/web-extender-spi.jar"
by thread
"fileinstall-/home/rotty/apache-tomcat-7.0.23-trunk/repositories/osgi/data/framework/lib".
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1088)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.suspendBundle(PackageAdminImpl.java:330)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.processDelta(PackageAdminImpl.java:467)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.doResolveBundles(PackageAdminImpl.java:251)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl$1.run(PackageAdminImpl.java:174)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by:
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$BundleStatusException
... 6 more

It seems that the package resolver thread is reacting to the new bundle
while the fileinstall thread is still deploying it. I'm not sure who's at
fault; fileinstall or equinox (of something else).

<http://twitter.com/#!/rotty3000> | Senior Software Architect | *Liferay,
Inc.* <http://www.liferay.com>  <https://twitter.com/#!/liferay>

---

8-9 October 2012 |* Liferay **North America Symposium* |
liferay.com/northamerica2012 <http://www.liferay.com/northamerica2012>

16-17 October 2012 |* Liferay **Europe Symposium* |
liferay.com/europe2012<http://www.liferay.com/europe2012>

24-25 October 2012 |* Liferay **Spain Symposium* |
liferay.com/spain2012<http://www.liferay.com/spain2012>