We are targeting for 4.8 M6 on March 9, 2018. Please note We have API
freeze with this milestone.
Here is the schedule
* Monday: Last day of development (and even then, no "big changes").
After Monday 20:00 ET, no feature work or unrelated fixes are allowed --
only regression fixes.
* Tuesday: All-day test pass. Nobody should develop or fix anything.
Literally spend the entire day testing.
* Wednesday: Fix day with a focus on fixing regressions found during
the test day (Tuesday). No unrelated fixes. Review and thoroughly test all
* The last Wednesday build is the release candidate every team signs
off on Thursday.
* The "New and Noteworthy" entries are due on Wednesday evening:
Git repo: ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news.git
Live website: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.8/M6
* Thursday: Sign-off after re-testing, or at least confirming no
changes have been made to your component's code since the last time the
component was tested well.
* Friday: Build is officially declared and made available.
* The master branch stays closed until the milestone is officially
released. (That is, it is not enough that your component has signed off.)
Thanks and Regards,
Sravan Kumar Lakkimsetti
IBM India Pvt Ltd,
Embassy Golf Links Business Park, D Block,
Off Indiranagar-Kormangla Inner Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560071, India
equinox-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
this list, visit