----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----


Hi Norm,
I just did some math here and If you have full tanks on the C model... 
144 lbs, and you weigh 185 lbs, your Coupe cannot weigh any more than 
925 lbs to meet the weight requirements. Most of the Coupes around here 
weigh over 900 lbs. (mine weighs 953).....To be legal, your weight is 
already used up and you canmnot fly a passenger at all. If you are 
interested in taking someone with you, you must go with a model D.

Resist the temptation to take a passenger . Most Coupes will fly with 
just about any weight aboard, but not safely  and certainly not legal.
Also, your insurance coverage will not apply....

I have flown a model D for 15 years and I personaly  think it is just as 
easy to fly as any other model once you get to know your airplane.
So, If you want to fly alone, leave it a C.. Otherwise make it a D.

Fly safe,

Bill Coons  FAA ASC      99822


[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following
any advice in this forum.]----
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
> I just finished a 1900 mile road trip to pick up my Ercoupe.  It is now 
> home safe and sound.
> Thanks again for all the good advice (trailering mechanics, etc.).
> All I need to do at this point is get my annual inspection done and get 
> the Ercoupe registered in Canada.
> I do have two Questions.
> 1. I have recently covered fabric wings.  The inspection grommets are 
> installed but the holes were not cut out and there are no plates made 
> up.  Are these plates a stock item anywhere or should I make them up
myself.
> 2.  I am familiar with what is involved with converting a C to a D.  I 
> just wanted to know if this is a good idea or a bad idea.  It looks to 
> me like most people keep their C's.  If it doesn't affect the flying 
> characteristics too badly I might consider it so I can take more people 
> flying with me.  I weigh 185 and with a full load of fuel I might be 
> restricted to taking people under 130lbs up only.
> Thanks Again for all of the great help
> Norm Decou
> 
>
==========================================================================
====
> To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
> Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/
> 
> 
> 


==========================================================================
====
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to