----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----


Stuff below is from FAA conference

 

Ed Burkhead

http://edburkhead.com/

ed -at- edburkheadQQQ.com   (change -at- and remove the QQQ)

 

 

 

Semptember 1 effective date - will certify sport pilots and aircraft

 

3 miles vis, below 10k feet

 

May carry one passenger

 

 

 

LSA defined as:

1320 lb.  or 1430 lb. seaplanes

1 or 2 occupants

single engine recip

45 kt max stall speed               I think I heard this right

125 kt max level speed            I think I heard this right

 

new aircraft under consensus standard – special lsa airworthiness certificate

 

kits will receive experimental lsa airworthiness certificates

 

two-place training and fat ultralights req to be registered and inspected by DA and rec cert within 3 years

 

 

Operational and maintenance

Flight instructor certificate with sport pilot rating

existing pilots get credit for experience

CFI required to take knowledge test and practical test

FAR 103 unchanged

ELSA may tow gliders – I didn’t hear whether or not SLSA can

                     additional privileges with more training for B C etc. and different make and model

higher ratings may fly sport for any that they are rated

DL or 3rd class med (no details)

maintenance rating or inspection rating

owner maint on eLSA

maintenance rating inspections on any SLSA for planes they are authorized

 

new LSA branch in FAA

 

medical requirements

dl self certification or 3rd class

denied – if has knowledge has bee denied, further evaluation will be required

current special issuance pilots – they are authorized to fly sport with restrictions listed on special issuance certificate

 

CFI already certificated – any CFI can teach as soon as checked out on equipment

 

ELSA can tow non-powered ultralights – pilot must hold PPL

 

www.faa.gov/avr/aff/sportpilot

 

 

==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/



Reply via email to