Hi,

I had Eric 19.04 running under snap. However I messed up the git repository so I removed Eric and reinstalled.

Now I get a segmentation fault when I try to launch Eric.

I have removed Eric and reinstalled it several times (using the Xubuntu software app and manually from the command line with reboots between removal and reinstallation) but nothing works.

In case it is important, the working version created a folder called '42' under ~/snap/eric-ide whereas the new version created a file called '85'.

I note that the command on the start menu is:

env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/eric-ide_eric.desktop /snap/bin/eric-ide.eric %U

but there is no file /var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/eric-ide_eric.desktop

Running just ' /snap/bin/eric-ide.eric %U' also produces a segmentation fault.

I have Skype installed as a snap package and that works OK.

I'm using Xubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Ian