On 12/5/19 7:16 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
Hi Phil,

answers see below

This function is related to showing code information in the respective viewer
when an opening bracket '(' is pressed or upon request. In order for this to
be available the rope or Jedi plug-in must be installed (or both). Thereafter
the provider to be used can be selected via the selection list.

Thank you Detlev for your reply.

I could not find the Rope or Jedi plugins but I did find, under "plugin repository", Python and Qt5 plugins. Pressing "download and install" resulted in the following:

Could not download the requested file from https://eric-ide.python-projects.org/plugins6/stable/PluginDocumentationSets_Qt512.zip.

Error: Error creating SSL context ()

Am I missing an ssl dev file?

I do have /usr/share/doc/qt4-doc-html because of a previous installation of eric 17 (not from pip) and I do have /usr/share/doc/qt5-doc-html but without the html directory.

So, to display the help information within the eric IDE do I need to solve the missing html directory from /usr/share/doc/qt5-doc-html or do I need to discover why I cannot install the help files from the plugin repository?

--

Regards,
Phil