On 21/9/19 8:34 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
Hello Phil,

assuming you are using a Windows platform this isue could result from PyQt5
using a version of Qt compiled against a newer SSL library than is part of the
Python installation. In that case PyQt5 would pick up the Python one resulting
in such kind of issues. Updating Python to 3.7.4 would solve the issue.

All this is just an assumption as you did not give any version and platform
information.

Sorry Detlev,

I'm using Kubuntu 19.04, hence the reference to the Ubuntu repository, Python 3.7 and the latest version of Eric. You mentioned an SSL library being part of a Python installation. Could this be a clue? I'm using openssl and I haven't specifically installed a Python SSL library.

--

Regards,
Phil