> when engaged in a ‘real’ development task.

Dear Mr. Edward Mansfield,

    you represent precisely the intended reader of my Reports. I wrote them for
you, and for other Eric users like you. Then, to better tailor my work to the
vision of what Tech.Doc.s should be, I'd have appreciated to know a little more
about your “‘real’ development task”, so to model my documentation upon real
needs of real user, real people. That to the ‘real’ common benefit both of the
users' community and of the related tool's producer.

That was the essence of my “revolutionary” way of intending the role and
purpose of Tech.Doc.s in a High Tech environment. Vision frustrated by the
substantial indifference of the intended audience, and by my consequent
perception of uselessness, inanity, of my efforts.

So, all the best. Yours,

- P.M.