Michael Haufe wrote:
> I didn't see this mentioned yet, so I'd like to propose implementing a
> feature available in VB.NET that I think would be valuable in ES. Some
> sugar for the switch() block:
>
> switch(foo){
> case 1,2,3:
> //stuff...
> break;
> case a,b,c:
> //stuff...
> break;
> }
That syntax can't be used because a case label is an arbitrary expression,
so it would be interpreted as a comma expression.
> Would be equivalent to:
>
> switch(foo){
> case 1:
> //stuff...
> break;
> case 2:
> //stuff...
> break;
> case 3:
> //stuff...
> break;
> case a:
> //stuff...
> break;
> case b:
> //stuff...
> break;
> case c:
> //stuff...
> break;
> }
What is wrong with:
switch (foo) {
case 1: case 2: case 3:
// stuff...
break;
case a: case b: case c:
// stuff...
break;
}
?
--
David-Sarah Hopwood
_______________________________________________
Es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss