On Sep 10, 2008, at 6:21 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote: > Mark S. Miller wrote: >> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Brendan Eich >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >>> >>> I'm willing to rename Function.apply, but let's talk some more >>> about the >>> better name, and about why it matters. > > Actually now that I think about it, there is an easy fix: > > Function.apply = <original Function.prototype.apply>; > > Then use Function.apply.call(callable, thisobj, argsarray).
Sure -- I've shown various apply.call formulations. The point is to have a standard method not in the (a) mutably-bound and (b) long- winded Function.prototype.apply property. If we want to do nothing (for ES3.1 this seems like the right thing, I agree with Mark), we can say "DIY" and paste your message above. But you were in favor of adding something to ES3.1 for shorter-and- more-secure callable apply, or so I thought. Still thinking about spread and named-this-parameter superseding apply in Harmony.... /be _______________________________________________ Es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

