On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Brendan Eich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Waldemar Horwat wrote:
>
>> var:  Not an issue if you're not using var inside the lambda.  Code
>> generation that wants to use lambda would use var why?
>>
>> arguments:  Again, not an issue if you're not using the arguments
>> array.  If a code generator is updated for lambda, then presumably
>> it will be updated not to use the arguments array.
>
> Why assume that lambda is only for code generators?

For hand-written code, I think the combination of "lambda" and "class"
have the potential to (almost?) eliminate the need for "function" and
its relatively confusing semantics. I've been looking through my code;
lambda and even the simplest class (instance private, zero
inheritance) would cover almost everything as drop in replacements. A
few situations would need very little reworking to use lambda and
class and as a result would be better.

Peter