-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Arg, I responded to wrong email :/, I meant to reply to the one on catchalls, that is the one I think is a very valuable feature. Kris
Kris Zyp wrote: > +1, I think this was one of the most valuable features from ES4. > Kris > > Peter Michaux wrote: >> The strawman:names wiki page > >> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:names > >> starts with > >> "It is not possible to create hidden properties in an object when >> property names can only be strings." > >> Why can't a string-named property be private? I understand they >> aren't now but why couldn't the "private" keyword make a >> string-named property private? > >> ------------ > >> At the bottom of the same page > >> "Should we allow new Name('blah') for better printed >> representation? (Similar to (gensym 'blah) in Scheme)" > >> If there is "a new Name constructor" as mentioned higher in the >> wiki page, then why wouldn't "new Name('blah')" be allowed? > >> Since (gensym) returns a symbol, the above quotation makes it >> seem that the proposed Name objects are like Scheme symbols, >> correct? If this is the case, why not just call them Symbol >> objects? There is precedence for "symbol" in many languages and >> "symbol" is far less overloaded in the programming world than >> "name". > >> Peter _______________________________________________ Es-discuss >> mailing list [email protected] >> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss > > _______________________________________________ Es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss - -- Kris Zyp SitePen (503) 806-1841 http://sitepen.com -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32) Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org iEYEARECAAYFAkkkcNUACgkQ9VpNnHc4zAxyYgCgrh9fY3yEcKHcGWAAwABSVOHr PZMAoK++UXHNBD0qrAAbsJ0ETgpJTnOX =TAOK -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- _______________________________________________ Es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

