On Mar 27, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Igor Bukanov wrote:

2009/3/27 Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com>:
although perhaps the name should be something else:

obj.bindSelfTo.method

or just

obj.bindTo.method

IMO a better name would be boundedMethods or just bounded to emphasis
that the result is a view that may work with any method like in:

var obj2 = obj.bounded;

Mathemitcally speaking, a good word, but probably one of "obj.autoBind" or "obj.selfBound" is better.

You are right that this wants catch-alls, as do all the tiered virtualization sandbox schemes in the works and out there. We should get back to discussing catch-alls -- I have a draft saved somewhere...