On May 11, 2009, at 3:14 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:

can be accessed implicitly. However no 'toNumber' property is
mentioned anywhere in the ECMAScript specs, and I don't know of
any implementation-specific property of that name. Have I missed
something, or is 'toNumber' a figment of the authors' imagination?
(This is unfortunately almost impossible to search for.)

I reviewed an older draft and passed along this correction to Sergio et al. It is just a mistake.

For some reason many people also expect a toNumber conversion hook.