On Nov 21, 2010, at 7:21 PM, Chris Sells wrote:

> I'm a huge fan of iterators. As far as index goes, I'm not a fan of the use
> of the colon. We should take our time, but something that I wanted to throw
> into the pot would be to build on the key-based nature of for-in with syntax
> like this:
>
> forvals ( var x in xs ) {...}

Resist bikeshedding early and all that, but there's already a strike against
this or anything like it:

JS lacks run-together keywords apart from typeof and instanceof, which do not
abbreviate as "vals" does.

In grasping for ":" instead of "in", the committee was trying to keep the
introductory keyword "for". I think we had agreement that sticking with "for"
is still worth using as a syntax design guide or "back up and try another route
forward [than 'in']" design point.