Hi David,

In one of the first discussion about proxies on this list, the question
popped up on whether proxy handlers should implement inheritance (prototype
chain walking) themselves, or whether the engine should take care of this,
only allowing the handler to control the "own" layer. The consensus back
then was to go for the former, as it is more flexible.

If I understand correctly, you are proposing to standardize both. I
understand the rationale, and inheritance-safe proxies may indeed be what
you'd want to use most of the time. But again, in the interest of only
standardizing the essential building blocks: can't the abstraction be
provided as a library?

Cheers,
Tom