On Jun 8, 2011, at 3:41 AM, Kam Kasravi wrote:

> I was wondering if this could be solved in some way without explicitly
> referencing the particular Constructor. This isn't a static private issue per
> se, rather a suggestion for an operator that would allow one to reference
> Monster.allMonsters as Dragon.allMonsters. eg static(Dragon).allMonsters.
> Although it would probably be more consistent to resolve Dragon.allMonsters
> in the same way properties on the prototype chain are resolved. So we can
> probably ignore this suggestion.

No, you're verging on the @ as private member access operator idea. For
class-private instance variables we need something like private(this) and
private(other), or else this@x and other@x given private member x. A shorthand:
@x is this@x (works even in the face of ASI if the binary o@x form has a [no
LineTerminator here] restriction on the left of the @).

>> On another topic, it does seem like "protected" is inevitable, doesn't it?
>
> Which may be a slippery slope :(

We are already on the slope, the question is traction of the "hold here" people
vs. "it's fun, slip some more" users (some users will want protected).

> BTW is it premature to ask questions on harmony proposals in their current
> state?

Sure.