>> From discussions with some Microsoft dev teams, that could be a 3+ year
difference in adoption timeline.
  > If this is a give me the goods now argument, and the goods can be expressed
via functions, I'm with you.
  > If this is "new syntax takes too long to be usable due to downrev browsers,
mainly IE", then that's no reason to stall progress on usable and new syntax
for novel semantics (i.e., shallow continuations). Harmony requires not putting
the language into a no-new-syntax straightjacket. That was ES3.1 -> ES5, and we
are past it.

Agreed - my note was just a "most value to the most users the soonest"
argument.  Syntax is clearly important, and many of the proposals can only
reasonably be offered as syntax.  Some of the proposals that can be partly
delivered as libraries still benefit significantly from syntax as well.  But
the adoption timelines for the new library pieces and the new syntax pieces
will be quite different, not just because of downrev browsers, but also because
of breaking change burden, authoring convenience, maintenance of old script,
etc.

Luke