I know it's the same, for this reason I said it was "shimmable"

New syntax would be fine as long as minifiers won't break everything so ...
as long as minifiers are compatible, but this is an extra story I guess,
also it's not fundamental it's just nicer addiction since many libs are
using single object as function argument to obtain similar behavior

fn({a: 1, b: 2})

and back to the "too many objects created due lack of defaults/named
arguments" trap ...

Never mind, this is not for this thread.

Best Regards,
    Andrea Giammarchi