On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> You are a gmail user, I surmise. So are others. Gmail collapses cited text,
> so you don't trim it. Those of us using other mail user agents then have to
> wade through *pages* of cited text to find your replies, which generally
> only apply to the last paragraph or two of the cited text.

I'll try to avoid over citing. I'll request you avoid being quite so
obscure.

Any googlers among you, please write a letter, or something. Gmail is
> training everyone to overcite massively.

While doing extra work for back level mail agents may not appeal, quoting
just the relevant text (usually) makes the arguments clearer no matter the
agent.

jjb