> I'll just re-state this paragraph to illustrate that the glass is half empty:
>
> Unlike classes, object exemplars are just objects. There is no language
> support for detecting a object exemplar; developers have no help in avoiding
> pernicious debilitating bugs caused by data values  in base classes.

“There is no language support for detecting a object exemplar” – via static
analysis? Yes, tricky, one could infer object exemplars by looking at the
operands of "new".

Would you say that either of these problems exist with class declarations that
have object exemplar semantics?
=> Easier to detect via static analysis.
=> Can forbid non-method properties in prototypes.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
a...@rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de