Why

use version 6;

and not

"use version 6";

? Just to be sure ES 6 code breaks in old browsers ?
And what do you mean by "opt-in for ES6" ? New syntax ? Everything in ES 6 ?

I'm thinking about weakmaps:
- on the one hand, you want to use native weakmaps when available so
you would want to "opt-in for ES6"
- but on the other hand, you could also implement a weakmap "polyfill"
that wouldnt be as efficient, that would suck the memory but still
work, and have it work in older browsers

Therefore, setting the thing to do to "opt-in for ES6" to something
not backward compatible doesn't seem like a good idea to me.