all the time since I widely use private methods and I reuse them per each
created instance of a specific "class"

The boundTo() approach would make the method still private, immutable out
there, and reusable per each instance/object I need.

// stupid useless example ... just as concept
var Counter = (function () {
  // private
  function increase() {
    this.age++;
  }

  function Counter() {
    // none out there should be able to retrieve the bound function
    document.addEventListener("click", this.boundTo(increase), false);
  };
  Counter.prototype.age = 0;
  Counter.prototype.destroy = function () {
    // so that only this class scope can control things and nobody else
    document.removeEventListener("click", this.boundTo(increase), false);
  };
  return Counter;
}());

Last, but not least, I do duck typing and I often borrow methods around for
smaller common tasks

Best Regards,
    Andrea Giammarchi