unreachable without reference count? do you have an example different from
a private scope object that is reachable from that scope so I would not
call it unreachable?

In any case I understand your leaks point and if WeakMap solves this, but I
strongly believe no shim will be able to emulate this behavior, no matters
how much articulated the implementation is ( taking that google shim as
example that also won't work as it is in older browsers in any case )

Then this is a dead line, something that you said makes sense as problem,
won't be solved natively because it can be implemented via libraries ...
but if this is the logic, I wonder what is ES5 about with all its extras (
Array, Function, String, etc )

Regards