On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Steven Levithan
<steves_l...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've been wondering whether it might be best for the /u flag to do three
> things at once, making it an all-around "support Unicode better" flag:

> 3. [New proposal] Makes /i use Unicode casefolding rules.

Yey, I'm for it :)
Especially if it means dropping the rather naïve canonicalize function
that can't canonicalize an ASCII character with a non-ASCII character.

> /ΣΤΙΓΜΑΣ/iu.test("στιγμας") == true.

I think a compliant implementation should (read: ought to) already get
that example, since "στιγμας".toUpperCase() == "ΣΤΙΓΜΑΣ".toUpperCase()
in the browsers I have checked, and the ignore-case canonicalization
is based on toUpperCase. Alas, most of the implementations miss it
anyway.

/L