On Jun 14, 2012, at 14:03, "Rick Waldron"
<waldron.r...@gmail.com<mailto:waldron.r...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Domenic Denicola
<dome...@domenicdenicola.com<mailto:dome...@domenicdenicola.com>> wrote:
In our experience writing large apps, the distinction is useful. Undefined
means I forgot to do something (e.g. set a property or pass an argument); null
means I tried to get something but it didn't exist.

null is intentional, its presence is explicit -- doesn't this imply that
something _does_ exist? (...and its value is null)

eg. https://gist.github.com/2926029

Rick

Right, I wasn't exactly clear—I meant more the case of e.g. "nothing exists in
the database, so I gave you back a null" or even "there wasn't any error, so I
called you back with a null as the first param."