On Jun 22, 2012, at 10:12 AM, Brandon Benvie wrote:

> While the issue identified may not be particularly related to multiple
> inheritance, the issue in general I think is a looming one in terms of the
> goal of being able to self-host the DOM in JS. It seems to be becoming more
> and more common for various kinds of partial interfaces/supplement/implements
> to be used in newer IDLs and many of those are difficult/impossible to fully
> represent in JavaScript without a lot of redundancy or backflips.

At the ES language level, the real question is whether the instanceof operator
has a single semantics regardless of which objects it is applied to or whether
it is an overloadable operator whose meaning is determined by its RHS operand.
We should make a clear cut choice between those to alternatives.  The legacy ES
specification goes in the direction of the overloadable alternative.

Allen